Happy New Year everyone!
This is my first post in 2013 and I hope that you all had a safe and wonderful festive period. I wanted to share a few snaps of what I got up to over the holidays as well as some resolutions I have made for this coming year.One of my closest friends from London came to visit me in Paris just before Christmas, we had an amazing time catching up over mulled wine and visiting Christmassy spots in Paris such as the Marché de Noël in Montmartre.
I spent the Christmas period in London at my Parents and this year, my Mother in-law joined us. It was her first time in the UK so we went on the London eye so that she could have a wider glimpse of the City. I do miss the magic of my home town sigh!
I cooked Christmas dinner for the first time, allowing my mum a well deserved break. Surprisingly everything turned out well apart from a few overcooked sausages :p
Here is my parent’s cat Tyty who loves to hang out on the radiator. She had enjoyed her fair share of turkey and was snoozing at her favourite spot.
The beautiful Christmas tree at Kings Cross St Pancras Station whilst on our way back home for New Years eve.
My husband and I decided to have a quiet evening together as we had just arrived back from London. I cooked a gluten-free toad in the hole with the British sausages we had brought back with us and we ended the evening chatting and sipping Champagne until midnight.
I made Pho on the 1st as it is traditional in the Philippines and other Asian cultures to eat noodles on New years day as a symbol of good fortune and longevity. Traditionally we would eat Pancit (a typical Filipino noodle dish) but I am addicted to Pho right now and nothing beats a delicious noodle soup on a cold day.
Pia looked just as sad as I was whilst packing the Cristmas decorations away.
I tried out my new workout shoes (one of my gifts from the Mr) on the 1st and jumped back into my Insanity workouts.
And now for my New Years resolutions. I haven’t made any in the past for quite a number of years, simply because I knew I could never stick to anything. This year, however, things are going to be different (really!). Well at least I will actively try my very best and since most of what’s on my list are health related I shouldn’t really have an excuse.
1. Drink more water! I always strive to drink more but some days I notice that I would rather sip on teas and coffees and often neglect the importance of simple, pure water.
2. Continue to eat healthy (80-90% of the time) and have a relaxed day once a week.
3. Start running again. I remember how I would love running in the parks or by the canals when I was living in London. Not only was it good exercise but being outdoors felt so much more refreshing and reviving than working out at the gym or at home.
4. Spend quality time with my husband and get him more involved with being healthy/ active. Since starting my health journey last summer, I have made more effort in making my husband’s packed lunches to work and just by eating healthier he has lost weight. However when it comes to exercise he is not a huge fan. He tried an Insanity workout with me once and hated it and he definitely won’t be joining me on my runs. So I thought I’d try something which he enjoys which is swimming. I am not a strong swimmer and can barely finish a length of the pool but as long as we are spending time and staying fit together I am willing to do this. Who knows I may even get better along the way.
5. Lastly I would like to be a lot more active on my blog. I thoroughly enjoy sharing my creative ideas on here and often have folders of stuff on my desktop which I have wanted to blog about in the past. But you know the old saying of “I’ll do it later” gets in the way and eventually I’ve dragged that folder into the trash. So yes more DIYs, recipes and I seriously need to update the travel section on here as I have hundreds of precious photographs that deserve to be shown and not stored on my hard drive!
That’s all I can think of for now, there are a few other personal projects I have in mind but I shall share that if and when the opportunities arrive in the future.
I hope everyone has started their new year with a bang and have not given up on resolutions already :p
Happy New Year again and wishing you all lots of blessings, good health and happiness!